Acupuncture can be helpful in maintaining good health and in treating patients with a wide range of health problems. Acupuncture may be used alone or in combination with other complementary or conventional medicine treatments.
Acupuncture can be used to treat a number of condition and health problems, including:
· Side Effects of Cancer Treatment Acupuncture can help ease the nausea associated with chemotherapy, increase the immune response, relieve pain and improve energy levels.
· Chronic Neck and Back Pain Acupuncture may be helpful in relieving chronic pain caused by spinal stenosis, disc herniation, spondylolisthesis and ankylosing spondylitis.
· Women's Reproductive Health Issues Acupuncture can be used to enhance fertility, relieve symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and minimize bothersome symptoms of menopause, including mood changes, hot flashes and insomnia.
· Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes debilitating fatigue, including exhaustion and reduced stamina, neurological problems, and a variety of flu-like symptoms.
· Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder characterized by fatigue and widespread pain in the fibrous tissues of the muscles, ligaments and tendons. Acupuncture may help relieve the pain associated with this condition.
· Sports Injuries Acupuncture can be used to treat various sports and repetitive stress injuries.
· Gastrointestinal Disorders Acupuncture may be helpful in relieving some of the discomfort caused by gastrointestinal disorders, including chronic liver disease, irritable bowel syndrome, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and inflammatory bowel disease.