Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
It was alleged that Zlatan descended on his colleague and dealt with him mercilessly.
Nigerian singer, Zlatan Ibile is alleged to have stormed the house of his colleague, Naira Marley, and beat him to a pulp.
The gist was shared by controversial IG blog, Cutie__ juls while revealing that Naira Marley was actually the one at fault; hence Zlatan’s fury.
However, the piece of good news buried in this gist is that the duo settled their differences not too long after the physical altercation. It was disclosed that this occurred around the end of last year, 2021
The Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, where over 200 female students were kidnapped by Boko Haram insurgents in April 2014, has been renovated by both the federal and state governments.
The renovated school was inaugurated by the Minister of Women Affairs, Pauline Tallen, on Monday, six years after the then Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, laid the foundation for the construction of a new international standard secondary school in place of the destroyed facility and seven months after the Borno State Governor, Prof Babagana Zulum, directed the complete renovation of the school when the construction of the international standard school was not realised.
According to the Principal of the school, Asabe Aliyu, apart from the abducted schoolgirls, teachers were also badly affected by the Boko Haram attack and seven years after, they have yet to be compensated.
“Fifteen teachers’ houses were completely burnt down by the insurgents in the attack. Till date, they have not been compensated and nobody has cared to know about their well-being,” she stated.
Asabe disclosed that the renovation of the school, which started in December 2020 shortly after the governor’s directive, had rekindled hope in the residents of Chibok and the school age children and academic activities had since started in the school.
The principal stated, “For the first time in seven years since the abduction took place, SS3 students of the GSS have not sat their final exams here, but in 2021 our students wrote the WASSCE and NECO exams here in Chibok.
“As of today, the GSS Chibok has 36 permanent teachers, one librarian, one store keeper and 10 ad hoc staff.”
According to the Permanent Secretary, state Ministry of Education, Mohammed Abatcha, 45 blocks of classrooms, 11 blocks of science and ICT laboratories, six hostel blocks, a church and a mosque were all renovated.
In his address, Zulum said the state government would collaborate with the Federal Government to explore the possibility of ensuring the release of the remaining 115 students.
A businessman, Babatunde Williams, has accused some men of the Lagos State Police Command of extorting him of $5,500 worth of cryptocurrency (about N2m) around Lekki in the Eti-Osa Local Government Area of the state.
Williams told PUNCH Metro that he was returning home after inspecting a property around Lekki on Friday, May 28, 2021, when four policemen accosted him and demanded his vehicle papers, adding that he was complying with their order when two of the policemen forced themselves into his car.
While they were in his car, the businessman stated that the policemen handcuffed and forced him into a private vehicle and allegedly beat him till he gave the password to his Bitcoin wallet.
Williams alleged that the policemen withdrew $5,500 from his wallet and transferred it to the wallet of their accomplice, adding that they dropped him off after completing the transaction and fled.
He stated, “Around 3.15pm, I was coming out of the Lekki County Estate, where I went to supervise a project. I was in gridlock around the VGC when the policemen in a Toyota Sienna vehicle accosted me and ordered me to park.
“One of them in mufti asked to see my tinted glass permit and vehicle papers. I was still wondering who he was when he called an armed policeman in uniform. They were asking me to park and two of the four policemen entered my vehicle.
“They accused me of disobeying their orders. One of the cops asked me to make a U-turn and park by the North-West filling station. I was handcuffed on both hands and beaten inside my car. Later, they took me into the Sienna and drove me around without telling me where they were taking me to.
“They continued to beat me as they asked for the password of my phone. When I could no longer bear the pain, I had to unlock my phone. They saw my Bitcoin wallet and got someone, who provided them with a wallet, and transferred $5,500 (N2.2m) worth of Bitcoin.”
Williams, who lamented that he was robbed by the policemen, said the case was reported at the Maroko Police Division for investigation.
Bandits who kidnapped pupils of the Salihu Tanko Islamiyya School in Tegina town in the Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State have contact with the management of the institution.
The bandits contacted the school headmaster, Alhaji Abubakar Alhassan, around 4pm on Monday, asking him to pay N110m as a ransom for the release of his pupils.
Speaking to journalists on the telephone on Tuesday, Alhassan said the bandits claimed to have 156 pupils with them.
According to him, the kidnappers threatened that if they did not pay the ransom by the end of today (Wednesday), they would kill all the children.
Alhassan said the message had been passed to the state government, which said it would not pay any ransom.
The PUNCH learnt that some public-spirited people in the community had, however, started raising the money.
Meanwhile, the state government has said it has set the necessary machinery in motion to ensure the safe release of schoolchildren.
A statement by Mary Noel Berje, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Abubakar Bello, quoted the state Deputy Governor, Alhaji Ahmed Ketso, as also saying, “Government is on the pursuit of the bandits and efforts are being put in place to identify them.
“The number of the kidnapped schoolchildren is not fully ascertained. However, efforts by security agencies to secure their release have been intensified. We don’t pay ransom to abductors. We are trying to negotiate to see how we can bring them back safely.”
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has said crude oil export proceeds plunged by 98 per cent in April, compared to March.
The NNPC said in a report that the total revenue from crude oil exports in April fell to N723m from the N35.72bn generated in March.
“No remittance to Federation Account in April for May 2021 FAAC due to recorded value shortfall resulting from difference between the landing cost and ex-coastal price of Premium Motor Spirit recorded in March 2021,” it said.
The corporation said it lifted 7.62 billion barrels of crude oil in March, compared to 10.79 billion in February, and exported 66.67 million barrels.
It said the country maintained its 1.52 million barrels per day production quota as agreed during the previous meeting of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.
Domestic gas receipts for the month amounted to N5.13bn as oil and gas revenues totalled N156.37bn, a reduction of 30.38 per cent from March revenues.
“Feedstock valued at $54.6m was sold to the Nigeria LNG Limited during the period out of which $52.4m was received during the month, the difference being MCA obligations, gas reconciliation and credit notes,” the NNPC said.
According to the report, other receipts included $1.25m being miscellaneous receipts, gas and ullage fees and interest income was received in April 2021.”
It said, “The sum of N61.97bn was deducted out of the total March value shortfall of N111.97bn. This is to make funds available for Joint Venture cost recovery to sustain the existing production level. The balance of N50bn will be deducted in subsequent months.”
“In addition, April value shortfall of N126.29bn is to be deducted from May Federation proceeds in June 2021 FAAC meeting.”
The Federal Government on Monday said the process that would lead to the arraignment of about 400 alleged Boko Haram sponsors and financiers arrested in a nationwide operation in April was still ongoing.
The Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations to the Attorney-General of the Federation, Dr Umar Gwandu, disclosed this in an interview with our correspondent.
The businessmen, including bureau de change operators, were arrested in Kano, Borno, Abuja, Lagos, Sokoto, Adamawa, Kaduna and Zamfara in April.
The PUNCH had reported exclusively on May 4 that criminal charges bordering on terrorism were already being prepared against them as investigations continued into their nefarious activities.
The arrest of the men was sequel to the jailing of six Nigerians in the United Arab Emirates over allegations of terrorism financing.
In the May 4 report, Gwandu had said prosecution of the suspects “will commence as quickly as possible.”
He had hinted that charges would soon be preferred against the suspects.
When asked again on Monday about the stage of the planned trial, Gwandu said the process was still ongoing.
When asked further if the suspects had been charged, he simply replied “Journalists will be notified at an appropriate time.”
The pan-northern socio-political organisation, Arewa Consultative Forum, on Monday said South-East leaders had left their responsibilities for a separatist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra.
The ACF National Publicity Secretary, Mr Emmanuel Yawe, stated this in an interview with The PUNCH, as the number of those who died during herdsmen attack on three Ebonyi communities rose to 52 on Monday.
The ACF in a statement by its Chairman, Chief Audu Ogbe, issued a travel advisory to northerners planning to visit the South-East. It said except such trips were matters of life and death, they should be shelved.
The spate of violence in the South-East continued with 11 people killed in fresh attacks during IPOB’s stay-at-home.
In Enugu State, a former High Court judge, Justice Stanley Nnaji, was shot dead along Ebeano Tunnel, Enugu on Sunday evening.
Also, one of our correspondents on Monday learnt that the corpse of the Chief Provost of Nigeria Immigration Service, Imo State Command, Okiemute Mrere, who was assassinated on Saturday, was discovered in a bush on Sunday morning.
Between 2am and 3am on Monday, Goodview Hotel at the Nekede axis of Owerri, Imo State, was burnt.
In the afternoon, gunmen burnt the Amandugba Divisional Police Headquarters in the Isu Local Government Area of the state.
Also on Monday, four policemen were killed in various parts of Enugu. Sources told one of our correspondents that one policeman was killed in Uwani in Enugu South, two at Mgbeme area of Coal Camp and another one killed along Okpara Avenue opposite Central Bank of Nigeria all in the Enugu North.
In Ebonyi State, a policeman and four Biafran agitators, were killed at Nnodo area of the state during IPOB’s stay-at-home.
Expressing concern about the killings, the ACF spokesman, Yawe, said the South-East leaders should live up to their responsibilities.
In the interview with The PUNCH, he said the association was against any form of retaliating the killing of Gulak.
He stated that the forum was only concerned about how South-East leaders had abdicated their responsibilities to IPOB.
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, says those clamouring for the scrapping of the National Youth Service Corps scheme did not mean well for the country.
Sultan said this on Monday in his palace, when the Batch A, Stream 2 corps members currently undergoing orientation exercise paid him a courtesy visit.
His Eminence explained that the NYSC scheme was established to foster unity among Nigerian youths.
“I heard there is a bill for the scrapping of NYSC scheme at the National Assembly, let me tell you those behind that bill did not mean well for this country.
“NYSC scheme is most needed now when Nigeria is divided along ethnic, religious background.
“I welcome corp members posted to Sokoto, the most peaceful state in Nigeria. You should look at the state as your second home. I enjoined you to respect the customs, and traditions of your host communities.
“I urged you to be security conscious while staying in Sokoto, you know there are security challenges now all over the world which we here have our own share, don’t stay outside late at night, if you have any challenges, contact your district head because they are like your father and guardian,” he added.
He also affirmed that no non-indigene in the state would be touched because a Northerner is killed in Owerri, Enugu, Aba, as another person cannot bear the punishment for what someone did elsewhere.
He further disclosed that the two major religions in Nigeria, Christian and Islam are against killing innocent people for no just cause saying, “life is sacred and no one has right to take it except God.”
Earlier, the State Coordinator of NYSC, Mr Philip Enaberue, thanked Sultan for his unflinching support to the scheme in the state.
Enaberue further said as tradition, they were in the palace to pay homage to Sultan and seek his fatherly advice.
Streets in many parts of the SouthEast states are currently deserted following the sit-at-home order issued by the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra IPOB. The order is to mark two days of Remembrance for Biafra Day.
Many state governments and security agents last week asked residents of the state to ignore the order and go about their lawful businesses. The residents however ignored the assurance of both the government and the security agents and decided to stay in their homes.
Markets, banks, motor parks, and other commercial places, including schools and government offices, are under lock and key.