Categories
Breaking

IGP Replaces Officers Attached To EFCC, Withdraws Magu’s Security

Nigeria’s Inspector-General Of Police Replaces Officers Attached To EFCC, Withdraws Magu’s Security Details

The directive contained in a signal to the Assistant Inspector General, Police Mobile Force, PMF Squadrons one to 79, Force Secretary and Commissioners of Police of all the state commands and the Federal Capital Territory, also directed that the exact number withdrawn be replaced with new operatives.

 Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the withdrawal of mobile police personnel attached to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission

The directive contained in a signal to the Assistant Inspector General, Police Mobile Force, PMF Squadrons one to 79, Force Secretary and Commissioners of Police of all the state commands and the Federal Capital Territory, also directed that the exact number withdrawn be replaced with new operatives.

According to the order, “Only staff of EFCC should be allowed access into the premises while withdrawn police personnel from PMF 21, 44, 45, 46 and 50 must report to the Force Headquarters by 8am on Monday.” 

It was also learnt that police security guarding the official and personal houses of the suspended Acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu, had been withdrawn.

The men were ordered to leave the residences in Abuja on Friday.

It was also learnt that police security guarding the official and personal houses of the suspended Acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu, had been withdrawn.

The men were ordered to leave the residences in Abuja on Friday.

Magu was arrested on Monday and taken to the Presidential Villa in Abuja where he was grilled by a panel headed by Ayo Salami, a retired President of the Appeal Court.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday approved his suspension as head of the anti-graft agency, naming EFCC’s Head of Operations, Mohammed Umar, in his place.

Categories
Celebrity Picks Entertainment

IGP investigates E-Money

.
.
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the probe of the Chairman, Five Star Group, Emeka Okonkwo aka E-Money, over his flamboyant lifestyle and flagrant abuse of police escorts, The PUNCH has learnt.
.
Okonkwo, who is the brother to musician, Kingsley Okonkwo aka K-Cee, was said to have drawn the ire of the police boss for using policemen like domestic servants.
.
A top police officer said, “We received a signal from the Force headquarters on Monday that the police detail of music executive, E-Money, be immediately withdrawn and an investigation into the man be launched.
.
“The IG was surprised that policemen were attached to him in the first place and were being used like domestic servants, carrying umbrellas, opening doors, and doing menial jobs for him.
.
“The policemen were discovered to be attached to B Operations at the command headquarters and not MOPOL which is the usual practice. So, we have withdrawn his policemen and we are inviting him for questioning. The policemen will also be interrogated.”
.
E-Money, who also claims to be a clearing and forwarding agent, is known for his flamboyant lifestyle.
.
He boasts of two Rolls Royce, two Mercedes Benz G Wagons and other Sports Utility Vehicles worth billions of naira.
.
The socialite is often seen on social media shaking hands with Very Important Persons including governors, senators, monarchs, ministers, and other top government officials.
.
When contacted on the telephone, an associate of E-Money, Chidozie Dike, said he was not aware of the development and he believed it was not true.
.
“I am not aware and I don’t think this is true,” Dike said.
.
The probe into E-Money comes less than a year after that of an Instagram celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha aka Mompha, who was also known to show off his ostentatious lifestyle on social media.
.
The Lagos State Police Command spokesman, Bala Elkana, said he would find out when he was contacted for comment while the Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, had yet to respond to a text message as of press time.
….

Categories
Celebrity Picks

Clearance Peters crew member shares touching story on how Kodak died

A crew member of Clarence Peters’, has come out to share details on how Kodak died

– According to the man identified as Melvin, the incident happened in Peters’ studio and not his home

– Melvin explained that Kodak got electrocuted because her phone body was made of metal and she used an outlet meant for lighting, to charge her phone

– He further stated that Peters was not in the studio when it happened and only rushed in after his attention was brought to the incident

As the controversy surrounded the death of Nigerian video vixen, Love Divine also known as Kodak continues to trend, more details have surfaced.

One of Clarence Peters’ crew member, Melvin, has come out to speak on the issue. According to Melvin, contrary to the reports going round, the incident happened in the studio and and not Peters’ apartment.

Melvin stated that Peters was not in the studio when the tragic incident occurred.

Explaining how Kodak died, he explained that her phone body was made of metal and she used an electric outlet strictly meant for the studio equipment. He also stated that Peters often made sure the models and vixens didn’t use their phones when on set.

Narrating further, Melvin stated that Kodak walked into the studio area with a sweaty body and was barefooted. His post suggested that this, coupled with her metal phone body caused the electrocution.

He revealed that she was still alive when she was rushed to the first hospital where they were refused entrance.

By the time the got to the second hospital, the doctor took too long to attend to them and she eventually gave up the ghost when the doctor arrived. Swipe to read post below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_wnqJDlUNP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Categories
Local News Politics

Covid-19: FG, Governors disagree over possible lockdown extension

The 14 days lockdown extension ordered by the federal government will end on Monday, April 26

– NGF has demanded the relaxation in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT

– Buhari will address the nation on Monday, April 26, to decide whether the lockdown would be extended or not

A report by The Nation indicates that the federal government is not disposed to the call by state governors for the relaxation of the current lockdown in the country over the coronavirus pandemic.

Correct.ng reports that the newspaper said that sources said federal authorities are much in favour of partial restrictions in 33 of the 36 states with a view to mitigating the effects of the current lockdown in many parts of the country as against the relaxation being sought by the governors.

It was gathered that the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 which President Muhammadu Buhari relies on principally for advice on the pandemic is not in agreement with the governors that the government should soft-pedal in the FCT, Lagos, Ogun and Kano states.

The president who is billed to address the nation on Monday, April 27, is said to be weighing the options before him.

Members of the PTF were locked in a marathon meeting on Saturday, April 25, on the format of the partial restrictions to put in place in 33 states without fueling the spread of the coronavirus.

The task force considered the status report on COVID-19 spread in each state of the federation, the input of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) and local and international technical evaluation of the pandemic in the country.

According to the report, a top-level source said: “We are inching towards partial restrictions in some states and the Federal Capital Territory. There is clamour for the partial lifting of the lockdown. This is why the PTF is meeting.

The chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), Kayode Fayemi. Source: Depositphotos “The PTF has received many suggestions but we are being careful not to reverse the gains of the last few weeks in the battle against coronavirus.

One of the knotty issues is a recommendation by the NGF that there should be internal free movement but with restrictions on large gatherings and assemblies nationwide.

But the PTF took exception to partial lifting of the lockdown in the FCT, Lagos, Ogun and Kano states.” A member of the NGF was reported to have said that the forum was on the same page with the PTF on the input of the governors except for one recommendation.

The source said: “I don’t think they (the PTF on COVID-19) have serious objection except with internal free movement where they believe that we should not relax the lockdown in the epicentres of Lagos, Kano, FCT and Ogun. They may be right.

We have done our bit by presenting our input. You can contact the Chairman of PTF on COVID-19, Mr. Boss Mustapha for details.” The NGF in its letter on Friday to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, said: “Please refer to the above subject matter and to our teleconference meeting with the vice president on Wednesday, April 22.

Recall at that meeting it was agreed that the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) articulates the issues that it would want to be included in the next presidential pronouncement on COVID-19 so as to have a uniform and coordinated policy on COVID-19 at both the national and sub-national levels.

“Subject to Mr. President’s approval, the NGF would want the following incorporated into Mr. president’s pronouncements: inter-state lockdown excluding movement of essential supplies foods, beverages, medical and pharmaceuticals, petroleum supplies and agricultural products:

“Internal free movement but with restrictions on large gatherings and assemblies; overnight curfews, the lockdown of flights: and compulsory use of face masks/ coverings in the public.

Categories
Uncategorized

North Korea Dictator Kim Jong-un Reportedly Dead After Botched Heart Surgery.


North Korea’s Supreme Leader/dictator Kim Jong-un has reportedly died, or is on his death bed with no hope for recuperation, according to media outlets in China and Japan. Amid reports, China has sent a medical team to their communist neighbors this week to check in on Kim.

A Hong Kong-backed news channel’s vice director who is the niece of a Chinese foreign minister, blasted out the news herself “he’s dead” which has not been confirmed. The woman put the report on a social media app called Weibo for her nearly 15 million followers to read, citing a “very solid source” about the claim Kim had, in fact, perished. A Japanese magazine reports he’s in a “vegetative state” after a heart surgery gone wrong.

The outlet reports, citing a Chinese medical expert privy to the situation, that Kim had clutched his chest in early April and fell down while visiting the countryside there. He needed a stent procedure done, but apparently it either wasn’t done rapidly enough, or it was botched completely by the surgeon with some reports saying he had shaky hands.

There’s a lot of rumors swirling about the guy’s condition and the fact is he hasn’t made any major public appearances looking to be okay in several weeks now. About a week or so ago, CNN reported Kim was in “grave danger” after a medical procedure.

President Trump has downplayed the reports and has refused to elaborate but it looks like KJU’s sister, Kim Yo-jong, might be getting set up to possibly replace him as Supreme Leader. Reports say she was recently re-promoted to a prominent position of power there.

Categories
Local News

COVID-19: FG Commences N20,000 Conditional Cash Transfer To Poor Households

The Federal Government has commenced the disbursement of N20,000 Conditional Cash Transfer to indigent households (poor) at the Kwali Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

This is part of the Federal Government’s efforts to help reduce the effect of President Muhammadu’s lockdown order following the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadia Umar-Farouk, said on Wednesday while kickstarting the disbursement that due to the scourge of COVID-19, the Federal Government is giving out N20,000 per person for the next four months starting from March 2020.

She explained that the President during his broadcast last week directed that the conditional cash transfer should be given in advance of two months.

We have directed immediate cash transfer to the poorest and most vulnerable households in the country,” she said.

“Because of this COVID-19, the vulnerable groups have to expand, because we are aware that there are people who live on daily wage, so we are also going to look at those groups of people to see how we can get this food relief intervention to them in this period.”

Categories
Local News

Buhari and Osinbajo have been earning half salaries – Femi Adesina

– A presidential aide, Femi Adesina, discloses that President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo have been receiving half salaries

– Adesina says both leaders chose to be paid half of their monthly salaries since the inception of the present administration in 2015

The presidential aide, however, did not disclose what purpose the unpaid halves were used for over the years A presidential aide, Femi Adesina, has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo have been receiving half of their monthly salaries before the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).

Buhari and Osinbajo have been earning half salaries – Femi Adesina Source: UGC He said both leaders chose to be paid half of their salaries since the inception of the present administration in 2015.

The presidential aide, however, did not disclose what purpose the unpaid halves were used for over the years. “Already, the Vice President and the President are earning 50 per cent. Right from the beginning of the administration (the first term), they had elected to earn half of the salaries they should earn,” the presidential aide said.

Categories
Breaking

Covid-19: Nigeria confirms five new cases, total now 51.

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed five new cases of the raging coronavirus in the country as Rivers state gets its first case.

According to the NCDC, two of the new cases are in Lagos, two are in Abuja while the remaining one is in Rivers state

With the new confirmed cases, Nigeria now has 51 cases with two patients discharged and one death, as of Wednesday evening, March 25 2020.

Categories
Breaking

BREAKING: Nigeria coronavirus cases now 44, with 2 new cases

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has reported 2 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 44.

The two new cases, according to the NCDC, are in the FCT and in Bauchi State.

They are cases with travel histories to the UK and Germany.

Categories
Local News Politics

Nigeria’s Border Remains Open For Coronavirus, Closed For Rice — Shehu Sani

Former federal lawmaker, Shehu Sani has bemoaned the federal government’s resolve to keep the land borders closed, especially for the importation of rice into the country

Sani stated that similar sanction has not been placed on foreign nationals coming into the country from countries with prevalent cases of coronavirus.

Nigeria recorded the first case of the deadly disease on February 28, when an Italian man flew in from Milan

Many have been calling on the federal government to place a travel ban on countries affected by coronavirus.

He wrote: “Our borders remain open for Corona and closed for Rice.”